[M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Rodney M. Bates rodney at elego.de
Thu Sep 19 23:45:07 CEST 2013

CVSROOT:	/usr/cvs
Changes by:	rodney at birch.	13/09/19 23:45:06

Modified files:
	cm3/m3-libs/m3core/src/runtime/common/: Tag: devel_unicode
	                                        Compiler.tmpl
	./: Tag: devel_unicode Compiler.tmpl
	cm3/m3-sys/m3front/src/builtinInfo/: Tag: devel_unicode
	                                     InfoModule.m3
	./: Tag: devel_unicode InfoModule.m3
	cm3/m3-sys/m3middle/src/: Tag: devel_unicode Target.i3

Log message:
	Add Compiler.ThisEndian, as a CONST way of getting the endianness of the
	machine we run on.

	NOTE: This starts out from Quake variable TARGET_ENDIAN, at the time the
	compiler and m3core are compiled, when the interface Compiler is built.
	This should be the host endianness when code that references Compiler.i3
	is executed, which is what we want.  Confusing, but I think correct.

	Bootstrapping this can be done with this possibly excessively pedantic
	procedure:

	1) Build and ship m3core.
	2) Build, ship and install the compiler
	3) Build libm3, which, in the devel_unicode branch, contains a use of
	the new facility, or will soon.

	Step 1) might be unnecessary.