[M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Rodney M. Bates rodney at elego.de
Wed Jul 30 04:11:04 CEST 2014

CVSROOT:	/usr/cvs
Changes by:	rodney at birch.	14/07/30 04:11:04

Modified files:
	cm3/m3-libs/m3core/src/text/: Text.i3 TextCat.m3 TextClass.i3
	                              TextClass.m3 TextLiteral.m3

Log message:
	Change the behaviour of Text.GetChar and Text.SetChars when the
	TEXT parameter contains a character value outside of CHAR.  Formerly,
	they would "CHOP" the value, i.e., just zero out the high order bits
	of the value.

	The new behaviour is to raise a range exception.

	It lies beyond my imagination why anybody would want the old behaviour.
	It would only make sense when the value is in CHAR, in which case, this
	change will have no effect.  If you suddenly start getting these exceptions
	from code that was formerly working, I modestly suggest that perhaps
	it really wasn't.