[M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Rodney M. Bates rodney_bates at lcwb.coop
Thu May 29 23:57:54 CEST 2014

It tries to build because the "all" keyword in the scripts builds everything mentioned in
pkginfo.txt.  All the other package groups (e.g. "core") only build things specifically labelled
in pkginfo.txt with that group name.  There are packages that are not members of any group name,
so "all" is the only way to get the do-cm3-* scripts to build them.

libunicode has to appear in pkginfo.txt to get it to ever build under any circumstances.  (It does
have a group name "unicode", of which it is the only member, and this is the way I usually do it.)

This is all a consequence of the way the scripts work, and I don't have any ideas about how to
change it.  I usually just delete a few lines from pkginfo.txt, for packages I don't want to
build (e.g., elego/prjm.)  So if you're using 16-bit WIDECHAR, my kludgy way is to delete the
line "libunicode unicode" from pkginfo.txt.

Also, since pkginfo.txt is just data for some Quake variable, I don't think there is any way to
comment out a line but leave it present for when you want to put it back.  I'd love suggestions
on how to make this more functional.

--
Rodney Bates
rodney.m.bates at acm.org