[M3commit] [modula3/cm3] 4537cb: remove unused locals

Rodney M. Bates rodney_bates at lcwb.coop
Wed Sep 2 17:01:06 CEST 2015

On 09/01/2015 11:42 AM, Olaf Wagner wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Sep 2015 16:25:05 +0000
> Jay K <jay.krell at cornell.edu> wrote:
>
>> $ git pull --rebaseerror: Cannot pull with rebase: You have unstaged changes.
>> Ugh.
>
> Just commit them before you pull.

Hmm, this is a big problem for me.  When I make a commit, it is almost always a proper
subset of edited files.  The others may be independent/unrelated changes that belong
in a separate commit, or not yet ready for prime time, or even things I need for
local experiments that I will never commit, e.g. my local pkginfo.txt is more often
than not altered.  Stashing has baffled me, and either that or just moving files
temporarily is a lot of work, plus tedious and error-prone.

Rodney Bates
rodney.m.bates at acm.org