[M3devel] Re: installation on LINUXLIBC6:

Stefan Sperling stsp at elego.de
Mon Apr 9 14:21:31 CEST 2007

On Mon, Apr 09, 2007 at 02:09:41PM +0200, Neels Janosch Hofmeyr wrote:
> Just to complete the information in this thread:

> ubuntu 6.10 does not have an asm/ipc.h. However, asm/ipc.h is not
> necessary. It is sufficient to delete or comment the lines 19-21 in file
> m3-libs/m3gc-simple/src/runtime/LINUXLIBC6/sysdeps.c:
>
> #if __GLIBC__ >= 2 && __GLIBC_MINOR__ >= 1
> #include <asm/ipc.h>
> #endif
>
> This change has been committed to the repository, but was accidentally
> not merged into the 5.4.0 release, apparently.

Shall I create new source archives for the 5.4 branch that include this
fix? If so, what version number should I put on them? 5.4.1?

It should not be necessary to update the binary packages as well.
Should I just copy them to a new name with the updated version number?

--
stefan
http://stsp.name                                         PGP Key: 0xF59D25F0