[M3devel] Couple of CM3 build comments (Solaris/SPARC).

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Fri Aug 10 10:11:24 CEST 2007

On Fri, August 10, 2007 01:57, Alex Bochannek wrote:
> A couple of quick comments about the CM3 build process on Solaris/SPARC.
>
> 1) /usr/local/cm3 is hardcoded in a few places in sysinfo.sh. I
> installed the minimal binaries in /opt/cm3 and needed to change
> sysinfo.sh.

I would be surprised if that would be all; supporting other installation
locations by the simple build scripts has really not been a target
until now. Improvements are always welcome though, so if you have
patches that make this abstraction they're sure to get included.

> 2) cm3cg is linked against libiconv.so.2. This is not a standard Solaris
> library, at least not on Solaris 10. I will install the GNU libiconv and
> see if that works.

cm3cg is the standard GNU compiler backend, so it may need some
(ever increasing) infrastructure (i.e. other GNU libraries). We should
either declare this as an explicit dependency (i.e. installation
prerequisite) or include it in our installation archives. Probably
it hasn't been missing for anybody else using M3 so far, because
gcc was always installed before.

Olaf