[M3devel] Couple of CM3 build comments (Solaris/SPARC).

Tony Hosking hosking at cs.purdue.edu
Tue Aug 21 16:52:18 CEST 2007

Yes, those are because your m3cc backend is configured to us GNU as,
so it is just a matter of making sure your cm3.cfg uses the same
assembler.  In general, these problems are difficult to reconcile.  I
suspect we want SOLgnu to assume a full GNU toolchain and SOLsun to
assume no GNU toolchain, but in many instances systems are configured
as some hybrid of the two.  For example, my gcc installation on
Solaris is configured to use /usr/ccs/bin/as, and I don't have GNU ld
installed either -- hence the definitions in my cm3.cfg.