[M3devel] Missing packages?

Randy Coleburn rcoleburn at scires.com
Fri Dec 21 18:23:30 CET 2007

Mika et al:

I believe you are referring to the generic called "Stable".  I have the sources for this from the cm3 v4.1 days.  Olaf should have them also.  I believe they fall under the same copyright/use rules as the rest of cm3.

I also wrote something a long time back that may be of interest to you.  I've attached the generic interfaces below for your reference.  Note that they are in MS-DOS text format, not Unix-style text format.  These two generics are very similar, but read the up-front comments to see the differences and decide which may be right for you.  If you are interested, I should be able to provide the full sources to you.  Let me know.

Regards,
Randy Coleburn

>>> Mika Nystrom <mika at async.caltech.edu> 12/20/2007 11:42 PM >>>
Hi Modula-3 people.

I was working on some code the other night and needed a small
persistent table data structure, and I seemed to remember that there
was a package called "stabletable" that had exactly the features I
needed: a simple, persistent implementation of the Modula-3 generic
tables.

Only problem was ... I couldn't find it anywhere!  I remembered it existed,
but nowhere to be found.  Well, I finally tracked it down on an m3browser
running at the University of Tampere (Finland), cut-and-pasted the .ig and
.mg and compiled the thing.

A few questions:

1. This package is dated 1994.  Is this after CM3 split from SRC M3?  Is
   that why it's not in CM3?
2. Should I add it to CM3?
3. Are there other packages of similar status?

     Mika