[M3devel] pthreads on FreeBSD, was: endless exception loop on FreeBSD

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Sun Dec 23 20:48:18 CET 2007

Quoting Tony Hosking <hosking at cs.purdue.edu>:

> Ah!  Lights turning on in my head...
>
> It is probably the case that you have neglected to tell the compiler to
> avoid using global exception information.  You need to set
> Global_handler_stack FALSE in m3middle/src/Target.m3 for the
> pthreads-based targets.

Great! This seems to have done the trick. I've now been able to
recompile the whole system and run mentor with the FreeBSD pthreads
library. I'd never have found this setting, because it was nowhere
near I expected the problem.

Exception handling is one of the areas I was never familiar with
in (C)M3. Probably I should learn to understand how the system
works in this respect, too. Is there any documentation about
the current state of things apart from the source code?

Thanks for your help and the great whole pthreads contribution,

Olaf