[M3devel] Re: [M3commit] Fwd: Returned mail: see transcript for details

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Thu Feb 15 17:58:00 CET 2007

On Thu, February 15, 2007 3:04 pm, Tony Hosking wrote:
> Looks like the mailers at Elegosoft are messed up.  Olaf, can you help?

Everything should now work again :)

It seems that sendmail on birch, where the M3 repository resides, failed
due to a hardware problem (bad RAM?). A reboot performed by our sysadmin
cured that, but let to a mail flood from birch against plane, our main
mail server, which got into thrashing mode and was no more accessible
for several hours. Something like an internal DOS attack :-(

Our sysadmin is currently setting up yet another bigger mail server
with some more resources, but it may still take some days (hopefully not
weeks) until everything is ready and tested. Until then we may experience
temporary resource shortages.

If anything is still missing in the archives, please contact admins or
ronny.forberger at elego.de directly.

Olaf
--
Olaf Wagner -- elego Software Solutions GmbH, Ohmstr. 9, 10179 Berlin, Germany