[M3devel] Re: [M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Wed Jan 3 16:38:05 CET 2007

On Sat, December 30, 2006 3:18 am, Jay Krell wrote:
> CVSROOT:	/usr/cvs
> Changes by:	jkrell at birch.	06/12/30 02:18:06
>
> Modified files:
> 	cm3/m3-libs/m3core/src/thread/WIN32/: ThreadWin32.m3
>
> Log message:
> 	important: fix infinite recursion in Win32 startup
> 	correct check for TlsAlloc failure (TLS_OUT_OF_INDEXES instead of < 0)
> 	reduce critical sections slightly (esp. to avoid calling out while in a
> critical section, including to DuplicateHandle, CreateThread, VirtualQuery)

I would like to understand this change better (especially the first item),
or at least how/why and endless recursion got into the source (as older
versions have run, haven't they?).

As for critical sections, you seem to have remove one completely and
reduced another. Are you sure that is correct? (I've only had a short
look at the diff, and haven't got a comprehensive understanding of the
CM3 WIN32 runtime currently.)

Olaf
--
Olaf Wagner
elego Software Solutions GmbH, Berlin, Germany