[M3devel] Re: porting m3 on intel mac

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Mon Jan 22 10:16:18 CET 2007

On Sun, January 21, 2007 11:58 pm, Antony Hosking wrote:
> P.S.  One more thing:  Can you please rebuild to use native threads
> on Mac OSX by giving the flag "-DPTHREAD" to your build?  You would
> do this by defining:
>
> export CM3="cm3 -DPTHREAD"
>
> before invoking "do-cm3-std.sh buildship".
>
> My suspicion is that the user-level POSIX threading is broken
> somehow.  You should try this before downgrading XCode to 2.3 since
> the problems of "indirect jmp" are just warnings as far as I can tell.

Hi Antony,

is the I386_DARWIN target code already included in CM3? We should also try
to get all the information that is currently only floating through the
mailing lists documented for all other users and make the I386_DARWIN
tarballs available from the CM3 web site. Perhaps we should write up
a new page about threading, document all the possibilities and problems,
and change the default for certain platforms?

If we get all the facts, somebody from the elego team may be available
for help with the docs (Ulrike/Arne?).

Olaf
--
Olaf Wagner
elego Software Solutions GmbH, Berlin, Germany