[M3devel] NT386 (win32) targets and dll2lib

Tony Hosking hosking at cs.purdue.edu
Thu Jun 21 17:04:02 CEST 2007

I am not familiar with the build strategy for libraries on Win32, but
I am aware of the use of the command dll2lib being used to insert
argument checks on library calls in support of the old style
incremental/generational GC based on memory protection.  With the new
compiler-supported incremental/generational GC, the calls to
m3_arg_check/RTHeapDep__CheckArgs for library calls are no longer
needed, and I was hoping to eliminate the RTHeapDep code completely
for all targets.   Is there anyone out there familiar with the
functionality of dll2lib who would be willing to remove insertion of
the no longer needed checks?

Thanks,

Tony