[M3devel] dynamic loading - few angles

Dragiša Durić dragisha at m3w.org
Tue Jun 26 10:27:54 CEST 2007

In CM3 documentation "support for dynamic loading" is mentioned... I
would like to know if anyone used these abilities?

I've had success loading and using sets of modules packaged as .so,
after little tweak to RTHeapMap. I will either post that patch here, or
import to CVS, if there's interest.

But... During that, and right now... I am thinking about whole Modula-3
program being .so - so we can make extensions to Apache, or PostgreSQL,
or whatever other program can be extended in such a way.

It really (IMnsHO) is no big problem, except _m3main.ms must be
generated differently, and maybe some cleanup code added/linked to
"master" runtime. Maybe something more? As I never looked in code
generation, is there someone who can do this for CM3?

dd

--
Dragiša Durić <dragisha at m3w.org>