[M3devel] import/exports loops... dynamic loading of Modula-3 modules

Dragiša Durić dragisha at m3w.org
Mon May 7 08:03:45 CEST 2007

I am thinking about writing some loop detecting tool for (in)famous
order-of-initialization sindrome. Anyone did it already? I think we
really need something to help sort out of EXPORTS nightmare and it's
influence on RTLinker behaviour.

Also in news :), after I've tried to solve my problems with -linkall
(and got very big executabales as consequence, together with almost
working programs - at least until I try to make another similar build :)
- dynamic loading of modules was logical next step.

I've done it, and can confirm RTLinker.AddUnit works as advertised, any
time one calls it :) It also solves my plugin architecture problem, as
my plugin modules are not imported directly and thus their
initialization is fully performed with adequate RTLinker.AddUnit call.

If there's interest in how-to-make-dynamic-modules-happen, I can post it
somewhere. My google search did not show ay Modula-3 work on that.

dd
--
Dragiša Durić <dragisha at m3w.org>