[M3devel] win32/x86 prolog/epilog

Randy Coleburn rcolebur at scires.com
Thu Nov 29 19:30:46 CET 2007

I am willing to help test stuff on the Windows platform, but I won't be much help with low-level stuff like what Jay is doing now.

I have a working cm3 v4.1 on Windows.  I tried a few weeks ago to get the "current" cm3 working on Windows, but ran into trouble.  I say "current" in quotes, because I was downloading the tarballs.  I presume there is more recent stuff avail via CVS.

Can someone let me know how to check out the latest "stable" sources from CVS?  I'll give it another try if someone can point me to the right code.  If stuff breaks, I can provide feedback.

Also, if I can get the new cm3 working on Windows, I should be able to complete the work on getting the CM3IDE (aka Reactor) ready for release.

Regards,
Randy

Randy C. Coleburn, CISSP
Senior Systems Engineer, Communications, Networks, & Electronics Division (CNE)
Corporate & Atlanta Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM)
Scientific Research Corporation
2300 Windy Ridge Parkway, Suite 400 South, Atlanta, Georgia 30339
voice: (770) 989-9464, email: RColeburn at SciRes.com, fax: (770) 989-9497

Quality Policy:  "SRC CNE Division is committed to delivering continually improving research & engineering excellence that meets or exceeds customer requirements."

>>> Tony Hosking <hosking at cs.purdue.edu> 11/29/2007 11:02 AM >>>
> At one point Linux/x86 didn't use gcc, right? It used the same as
I haven't tried the CygWin (gcc-backend) based build of CM3 for
Windows, but clearly we need a good story for Windows-based CM3.  Jay
you have done a great job keeping this branch of the system alive.  I
certainly hope you can keep it up.  Not being a Windows user myself,
I do lack the incentive (and expertise) to keep things going for
Windows.  That's why we need people like you to help out.