[M3devel] non-gcc backend

Jay jay.krell at cornell.edu
Fri Nov 30 15:44:42 CET 2007

Well that I can contradict. Digital (Bill Kalsow) did the x86 backend.Attached is from boot-LINUXELF.tar.bz2 (originally some other compression).

 2) Unpack "boot-XYZ.tar.gz":
       gunzip < boot-XYZ.tar.gz | tar xpof -
 3) Inside the boot-XYZ directory that gets created,    unpack "m3cc.tar.gz".  It's the gcc-based backend.
       cd boot-XYZ       gunzip < ../m3cc.tar.gz | tar xpof -
    On Windows 95 and Windows NT, m3cc is not used.  This step should    be skipped.

I think a C producing backend would be useful, to quickly get Windows IA64 and AMD64 support...
 - Jay