[M3devel] NT386 with cm3-5.5 bootstrap compiler

Daniel Alejandro Benavides D. dabenavidesd at yahoo.es
Fri Sep 21 18:18:08 CEST 2007

Hi:
Oh Im sorry I meant, that the compiler is working Ok
with LONGINT, at least because is recognizing that
LONGINT is a reserved word.

SYSTEM.i3 is just source file of the m2tom3 Modula-2
to Modula-3 compiler; I used as a test for the cm3
compiler, beside it is an example of Modula-2 and
Modula-3 using a common type LONGINT.

Thanks

 --- Tony Hosking <hosking at cs.purdue.edu> escribió:

> On Sep 20, 2007, at 8:50 PM, Jay wrote:
>
> > As a follow up to confirm, look where I  made
> changes since
> > LONGINT, I believe make-dist in particular I had
> to make changes to
> > to build the right packages in the right order.
> I'll look into
> > upgrade/update sometime soon..
> >
> >  - Jay
> >
> > From: jay.krell at cornell.edu
> > To: dabenavidesd at yahoo.es; hosking at cs.purdue.edu;
>
> > m3devel at elegosoft.com
> > Subject: RE: [M3devel] NT386 with cm3-5.5
> bootstrap compiler
> > Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 00:49:21 +0000
> >
> > The "-d5.5" thing is a backup of the package
> repository. Indeed I
> > find it annoying sometimes, but I mimiced
> upgrade.sh and I'd have
> > to think it all through again before
> deleting/changing how it
> > works. I think it makes it easier to back out of a
> broken change.
> > If you end up with non-working stuff, you copy
> pkg-d5.5 back on top
> > of pkg.
> >
> > I really strongly suspect update.cmd works. I
> don't remember if it
> > upgrades...oh, sorry, wrong script I think.
> > make-dist.cmd? How about that one?
> > Whichever one creates .tar.bz2 files. That's the
> one I meant. Oops,
> > sorry sorry sorry. :\
> >

> >  - Jay
> > Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 22:53:35 +0200
> > From: dabenavidesd at yahoo.es
> > To: hosking at cs.purdue.edu; m3devel at elegosoft.com
> > Subject: Re: [M3devel] NT386 with cm3-5.5
> bootstrap compiler
> >
> > Hi:
> >
> > The script upgrade.cmd produced compiler does
> recognize the LONGINT
> > as a reserved word.
> >
> > I can get this error when compiling the m2libs of
> m2tom3 compiler:
> >

> > new source -> compiling SYSTEM.i3
> > "..\src\SYSTEM.i3", line 40: Reserved identifier
> redefined (LONGINT)
> > 1 error encountered
> >

> I don't see this file in the distribution.  I
> suspect it is something
> to do with upgrade.cmd.  I assume it is defining
> LONGINT for
> compilers that don't support it, though I fail to
> understand why this
> would be necessary.
>

> > Thanks again
> >

> > >On Sep 20, 2007, at 11:15 AM, Daniel Alejandro
> Benavides D. wrote:
> >
> > > Hi:
> > > Thanks for your suggestions. I have tried the
> > > scripts/win/upgrade.cmd, and It does compile and
> then
> > > you can execute do-cm3-std.cmd.
> > >
> > > However I noticed the that script exports a
> m3core pkg
> > > to the repository with a m3core-d5.5 like
> suffix. Not
> > > sure what is this for.
> > >
> > > I will test if it can recognize the LONGINT
> datatype.
> > >
> > > Also I have  a question about Tony's suggestion.
> [...]
=== message truncated ===