[M3devel] trouble installing on a Debian lenny system.

hendrik at topoi.pooq.com hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Wed Apr 9 02:33:29 CEST 2008

On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 08:02:07PM -0400, hendrik at topoi.pooq.com wrote:

> At this point I presume it is still using the cminstalled compiler.
> Does that need to be nudged?.
>
> -- hendrik

I obtained another cminstall, from
../cm3-min-POSIX-LINUXLIBC6-d5.7.0-2008-04-08-14-00-05.tgz

Tried it.  It rushed through the dialogues without giving me a chance to
answer anything.  (Is this a bug?) It even found odbc and postgres95,
which I thought hadn't been installed.

Where are the Postgres95 libraries?
looking for library file(s): libpq.so
checking for library files in directory /usr/lib... not found
checking for library files in directory /usr/local/postgres95/lib... not
found
checking for library files in directory /usr/local/lib... not found
checking for directory /usr/lib... found
  --> "-L/usr/lib"

But,

hendrik at lovesong:~$ ls /usr/lib/libpq*
ls: cannot access /usr/lib/libpq*: No such file or directory
hendrik at lovesong:~$

and

Where are the ODBC libraries?
looking for library file(s): libiodbc.so
checking for library files in directory /usr/lib... not found
checking for library files in directory /usr/local/lib... not found
checking for library files in directory /usr/local/pgsql/lib... not
found
checking for library files in directory /usr/local/postgres95/lib... not
found
checking for directory /usr/lib... found
  --> "-L/usr/lib"

but

hendrik at lovesong:~$ ls /usr/lib/libio*
ls: cannot access /usr/lib/libio*: No such file or directory
hendrik at lovesong:~$

Finding these two nonexistent files does seem to be a bug.

-- hendrik