[M3devel] new gcc build time

Jay jayk123 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 17 13:53:22 CEST 2008

I see this too.
I've been experimenting..
--disable-bootstrap?
I don't know yet.

You know, it wants to build gcc to build gcc, but the host gcc usually suffices.
Unless maybe bootstrapping from other than gcc, like using the Sun/SGI/AIX/whatever compilers?
(Or old gcc on Mac OSX, has trouble building lots of stuff, though a switch worked..)

It's also a pain to build on an AMD64 system, even though x86 stuff generally works.
I have a whiny email coming up..

There's also this stage1, 2, 3 stuff, related to gcc building itself to build itself, and then again to verify.

 - Jay