[M3devel] screen shots of pixmap problem

Daniel Alejandro Benavides D. dabenavidesd at yahoo.es
Tue Aug 5 15:02:28 CEST 2008

Dear Randy:
Could you try to check (with cm3ide)
http://localhost:3800/public/vbtkit/src/lego/Image.i3/Raw#_DECL_ (or just on cm3/m3-ui/vbtkit/src/lego/Image.i3 )
see that line 43 has
xres, yres: REAL := 75.0; (* in pixels per inch *)
which is set from the sourcecode (not from the runtime variables).
you can calulate with 1920x1200 screen resolution pixels per inch
first, you apply pythogorean theorem with both catets
Dp=sqrt(Wp^2+Wh^2)
Then PPI(or Pixels Per inch)=Dp/Di
where Di is the diagonal size in inches (the screen size), as Wikipedia says:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pixels_per_inch
 In my case a SyncMaster 753DFX the PPI=96.42351792840054493 (Iguess the monitor you have should have more, rigth?). So you should fixed if needed the PPI rate in the source code or maybe use another variable that has the correct value.

I hope this helps, let me know
Thanks