[M3devel] FW: [M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Randy Coleburn rcoleburn at scires.com
Thu Aug 14 05:38:59 CEST 2008

Jay:

After reading your message again, it seems that you may not have received the versions of Image.i3/m3 and ScrollerVBTClass that I sent you.  I had already done the work to remove ImageInit from ScrollerVBTClass and Image.  I just didn't commit it to the repository because everything is still in a state of flux.  The versions I sent also included my new procedure for forcing use of Unscaled pixmaps.

If you like, I can resend these, or commit the versions I have to the repository.  The latter would at least put things right for anyone else using the software right now while we work on a better solution.  Let me know.

BTW, I wasn't able to work on any Modula-3 today because I had to travel for business.  Unfortunately, I'm going to lose a bit more time in the next couple of days because of a tragic death (auto accident) in my extended family.

I'm due at the customer facility on Monday morning, so unfortunately I'm also quickly running out of time for a solution.

Regards,
Randy

Randy C. Coleburn
Senior Systems Engineer, Communications, Networks, & Electronics Division (CNE)
Corporate & Atlanta Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM)
Scientific Research Corporation
2300 Windy Ridge Parkway, Suite 400 South, Atlanta, Georgia 30339
voice: (770) 989-9464, email: RColeburn at SciRes.com, fax: (770) 989-9497

Quality Policy:  "SRC CNE Division is committed to delivering continually improving research & engineering excellence that meets or exceeds customer requirements."
>>> Jay <jay.krell at cornell.edu> 08/13/08 7:31 AM >>>

Randy, sorry
1) I didn't realize the functions were in use.
2) I couldn't figure out what each number means. I did try varying them and seeing the affect.
I think maybe I need to learn the X Windows terms? I know in Mac/Windows the part you can drag is the "thumb".

I think I preserved your intent. Feel free to reinstate your intent.
I brought up formsedit and only could easily see a vertical scrollbar.
It doesn't look right to me, but I suspect it is.
If the layers of Trestle could be understand and plowed through, DrawFrameControl would be good.
I've misplaced my Nelson. I'll get another and see if I can understand this..
I'm also curious to see if Tk and Qt draw scrollbars themselves or not.
I'll probably check soon (or by end of month, will be gone next week, out of touch).

[big mess made by the ever non-working email systems..]