[M3devel] This disgusting TEXT business

hendrik at topoi.pooq.com hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Wed Dec 24 14:00:15 CET 2008

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 07:43:00PM +0100, Dragiša Durić wrote:

> CONST
>  MyNameInCyrillic = "Драгиша Дурић";
>  MyNameInLatin = "Dragiša Durić";
>
> You can see or not these glyphs, depending on your MUA and to some
> degree on MTA's in transit.

I see it.  All we need to do to make this work is say that Modula-3
programs are encoded in Unicode.  That and some work under the hood so
make it work.

> With all WIDE* talk it is what I am using. Me being example guy from
> non-Latin1 world. How many of you are non-Latin1 people and using 16bit
> "W literals" ?

Well, I'm from the Latin-1 world.  I've had to debug a compiler that was
mistreating Korean strings (this was before Unicode), and I've written a
program that used UTF-8 hiragana.  But I only visit the nonLatin-1
world.  I don't live there.

-- hendrik