[M3devel] This disgusting TEXT business

Dragiša Durić dragisha at m3w.org
Tue Dec 23 20:34:00 CET 2008

On Wed, 2008-12-24 at 08:10 -0500, hendrik at topoi.pooq.com wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 08:00:15AM -0500, hendrik at topoi.pooq.com wrote:
> > On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 07:43:00PM +0100, Dragiša Durić wrote:
> > >
> > > CONST
> > >  MyNameInCyrillic = "Драгиша Дурић";
> > >  MyNameInLatin = "Dragiša Durić";
> > >
> > > You can see or not these glyphs, depending on your MUA and to some
> > > degree on MTA's in transit.
> >
> > I see it.  All we need to do to make this work is say that Modula-3
> > programs are encoded in Unicode.  That and some work under the hood so
> > make it work.
>
> Well, probably a *lot* of work.

  Not at all. I am already using it. Just typing into.

  What does not work and I am not using it "length in glyphs". Not
important for me, but not hard to implement. Either directly in Modula-3
or using external C lib.

  Search for UTF-8 pattern in UTF-8 text works - of course. Also -
partitioning of TEXT's by *any real* criteria. By position of CHAR, or
by position of any substring.

--
Dragiša Durić <dragisha at m3w.org>