[M3devel] [M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Mon Dec 29 08:46:55 CET 2008

Quoting Jay <jay.krell at cornell.edu>:

> Note that I've been avoiding touching "mainstream" or already
> existant platforms -- FreeBSD, LINUXLIBC6, *_DARWIN.
>
> Perhaps I should go ahead and cross that line, as my
> testability/testing allows?

I wanted to comment on this before. I've no objection at trying to
remove duplicated code as far as possible, but when changing system
interfaces (Uxxx.is), please make sure that they really work on the
target platform in question; if possible, add some tests.

> Slightly linked question is if user threads should remain.
> They don't work, I believe on any platform, but I understand could
> easily be made to.

I was not aware that user threads are broken; why?
Anyway, this code should not be removed; I was rather hoping for a
compile-time option to switch between user and system threads in cm3.

Olaf