[M3devel] [M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Jay jay.krell at cornell.edu
Tue Dec 30 03:57:12 CET 2008

Cool. You can try http://modula3.elegosoft.com/cm3/uploaded-archives/cm3-boot-I386_OPENBSD-1.tar.gz, but hopefully soon I'll have "std" and "min".

The boot archive builds cm3 only, no libs, no cm3cg -- though it should be enough to build them natively (plus a current source tree).

If you use this, be aware that something is a little off in my bootstrapping process in that none of do-cm3-std do-cm3-min upgrade etc., seem quite right. upgrade in particular requires pkg/m3core and pkg/libm3. None of the sets imply TO ME building both m3cc and cm3, though "front" might actually (it ought not build m3cc). Also, the sorting to build in dependency order in pylib.py seems to not be working, strange. Anyway, this is fairly minor.

There is also a definite possiblity of cross-building a complete distribution, you just have to build GNU cc (similar to building m3cg), GNU as, GNU ld, and either copy or build the C runtime and startup files...at least for *_*BSD, *_LINUX, SOLgnu, I386_CYGWIN, I don't know about the others (Darwin does not use GNU ld nor I think GNU as, whatever it does use, I don't know if it is easily re-hosted, similar SOLsun.)

(Tony, please speak up if you really meant X86_* and not I386_*.)