[M3devel] variations of waitpid..?

Jay jay.krell at cornell.edu
Wed Dec 31 08:13:02 CET 2008

Hm. How about:

PROCEDURE Scheduler.DoesWaitProcessYield() : BOOLEAN?

?
true for pthreads/win32/cygwin
false for userthreads

duplicated privately in sysutils to avoid depending on newer m3core
 like I did for the portable C-wrapped waitpid

?

That way..the other code can do whatever it already is doing,
no need to come up with abstractions for looping with nohang,
vs. that plus the status loophole.

The older fix I put it can be shrunk.

The name of this is debatable, but I think the minimal level of abstraction is goodness.

The name is actually perhaps too..complicated..like, what does it mean?
Who uses it? What do they do with it?

It means that waiting on a process to end allows threads in the waiting process to run.
Perhaps it is too low level.