[M3devel] code submission

Mika Nystrom mika at async.caltech.edu
Mon Feb 18 05:41:29 CET 2008

Hello everyone,

I was looking at some code I've written and realized that I have a
very small piece of tested code that may be of interest to other
Modula-3 users.  It's a generic "trie" that I coded a few years
ago.  Does anyone have an opinion on adding it to cm3?  Where, if so?

http://www.async.caltech.edu/~mika/trie/

It's useful for parsing; if you're parsing a language with longish
keywords it is many times faster to use this structure and ARRAY
OF CHAR than using the standard hash tables with TEXTs.  (I developed
it to parse an old "punch-card", i.e., 80-character fixed-width
records, format for financial data.)

     Mika