[M3devel] ARM_DARWIN?

Darko darko at darko.org
Tue Feb 19 11:32:22 CET 2008

I'm interested in targeting Darwin on the ARM processor, to allow
software development for Apple touchscreen hardware such as the iPhone
and the iPod touch. Is anyone else interested in this? I know there
has been some work by others  (see posts here by Iztok Kobal) on
targeting processors in the ARM family.

The hardware mentioned definitely runs Darwin, or something very much
like it. Apparently the CPU is an ARM 11 on the iPhone.

Apple is due to release an SDK shortly that will almost certainly mean
there will be an ARM target in the standard (XCode) toolchain so it
should be a matter of adapting Apple's back end as distributed. It
would have to be a cross compiler since being hosted on the target
hardware isn't very practical.

I'd be very interested to hear from anyone with an interest in this
platform.

Regards,
Darko.