[M3devel] external in module?

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Mon Feb 11 16:02:40 CET 2008

Quoting Jay <jayk123 at hotmail.com>:

> It'd be nice if I could declare externals in modules.
> In this example, setitimer_ only exists for the wrapper implementation.
> I don't need it to be visible outside the one module that uses it.
> I guess I could push it into an unexposed interface, even dedicate
> "internal.i3" to it?Is that an ok idiom?

Yes, use an internal interface of the package. But you should use
another name (something longer and more unique), since the CM3
builder still has problems with multiple defined units AFAIK.

This is something that should really be fixed, but that's another
topic. (We'd need hierarchical name spaces, but introduce them in
a compatible way.)

Olaf

> It's another problem that I don't know what to call these things..

This usually is _my_ problem :-)