[M3devel] external in module?

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Mon Feb 11 18:19:59 CET 2008

Quoting Tony Hosking <hosking at cs.purdue.edu>:

> Please -- no hierarchical namespaces.  Ultimately, they need a
> definitive hierarchy anyway.

I wasn't going to write the code, so no need to worry.
However, if this is not the solution we aim at, then we need to
do something else about the increasing probability of the builder
failing because some module in a completely different package
which I don't even use directly happens to have the same name
as my internal module and thus cannot be compiled. Or even worse:
if I use two packages that happen to contain one module of the
same name and have never been used together before.

Olaf

PS: This reminds me of Leslie Lamports definition of distributed
     computing: when a computer you didn't even know existed
     can render your own computer unusable :)