[M3devel] HEADS UP: CM3 builds broken

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Tue Feb 12 23:17:22 CET 2008

Quoting Olaf Wagner <wagner at elegosoft.com>:
> the builds I started again this morning before leaving home seem to
> have succeeded again. I don't understand why compilation with the
> latest sources on my own system was broken though; I'll have to
> check that tonight.

Just one more short followup on this. When I got home, I updated
to the latest sources again and ran do-cm3-core.sh. Again, everything
compiled, but the executable crashed immediately. I then removed
all derived files (realclean) and built again, and this time it
worked. So the changes made within the last two days must have
touched a subtle dependency of compiler and runtime that the builder
does not know or detect. I'd like to understand it better, but it is
probably too much effort to isolate all the changes and test them
one by one. Sometimes it's just easier to use realclean :-/

Olaf