[M3devel] utime.i3 and imported data

Jay jayk123 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 13 12:01:51 CET 2008

> From: hosking at cs.purdue.edu> > Aren't these all superseded by gettimeofday?> > I say just not support the global variable access.> > Utime.i3 on other platforms does not have these globals.
Could be. I don't know this stuff..

They are currently used though. I didn't happen here by chance..
I'll maybe poke around.
I guess this is a time to send diffs and get sign off on all platforms.
OR fork the file backwards to DateLinuxOld.m3, DateBsdOld.m3, move everyone to it, then fix DateLinux/Bsd to have no data and as people test their platform move forward? And the last guy turn off the lights?
(This is a philosophical and real question. The first approach is slower but moves cleanly all at once from good to good. The second approach allows a gradual migration that starts right away and leaves a cluttered history in its wake but arrives at the same place, possibly but not necessarily sooner.)

Anyway, my workaround I think is working..