[M3devel] response file changes?

Jay jayk123 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 23 16:42:53 CET 2008

truncated again...
"rip out my code" btw is Quake code in the NT386 config files (and also similar in m3cc and m3gdb on Windows platforms)

 - Jay

From: jayk123 at hotmail.comTo: wagner at elegosoft.com; m3devel at elegosoft.comSubject: RE: [M3devel] response file changes?Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 15:38:18 +0000

Nobody should depend on this strange heuristic-based behavior..I know that doesn't make it so, but it does possibly legitimize changing it.   > as long as their names are unique. Right, like how I'm doing now _m3responsefile0.txt, _m3responsefile1.txt.I wrap around from 9 to 0 because Quake can't do math.In practise there's only ever one or two response files per directory, one to make in import .lib and one make a .dll, or just one to link an .exe.C compilation doesn't use response files, but it could if the parameters got long and esp. if there were lots of C files in one directory and batch compile them instead of one at a time.. That's a nice optimization in C-based systems, not a big deal in Modula-3 with so few .c files. Maybe soon I'll rip out my code, and then fix the reliable deletion, and THEN move the directory...   - Jay