[M3devel] unnecessary relinks when import libs change

Jay jayk123 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 23 17:42:27 CET 2008

For bootstrapping from older tools. I have one set of configuration files (the checked in ones) that don't require any editing and do whatever runtime probing is needed (such as for the gc wrap flags on PPC_LINUX).

I have a consistent crash building with older tools that I wasn't able to debug or otherwise workaround.

On Windows I occasionally start over from 5.1.8.
5.1.3 would work but sysutils can't be compiled against its runtime.
I was going to see about booting from 4.1 or 3.6 but I figure no go for the same reason.

I've asked but no answer as to what people think about buildability with older tools.
Probably it's not a valuable battle, otherwise progress is blocked.

 - Jay