[M3devel] CM3 package dependicies

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Tue Feb 26 11:55:09 CET 2008

Quoting Dragiša Durić <dragisha at m3w.org>:

> I am trying to figure out systematic way to map dependicies of packages
> so I can make nice hierarchy for RPM building... It's not too hard to
> map it out from m3makefiles, but it will be much better if someone
> already solved it :). Is there such a map already out there?

Elego ComPact had programs to extract package dependencies (m3dep)
and build dependency graphs for projects. I had already started to
add some of the old stuff to my local CM3 workspace, but it will take
some time until it's ready to commit. I'm currently stuck in libm3
tests automation.

I was thinking of adding a simplified and M3-specific version of the
ComPact project manager as alternative or replacement to the various
build scripts. That's still some work though, and I haven't got much
time.

Olaf