[M3devel] state of m3gdb on LINUXLIBC6?

Rodney M. Bates rodney.bates at wichita.edu
Fri Feb 29 00:54:32 CET 2008

I have a long list of things to fix/improve in m3gdb, which I periodically
work on.  But it builds and runs for LINUXLIBC6 and does lots of useful thins.

Just minutes ago, I happened to build it on a newly-installed Ubuntu, on
LINUXLIBC6 and it is working as expected.  For Ubuntu, I had to install
package libncurses5-dev (apt-get install libncurses-dev) to get it to
build.  do-cm3-std.sh did not build it.  I will check in my do-cm3-m3gdb.sh,
which is a convenient way to build it.

There is currently an annoying new bug in displaying subrange values in
cm3-compiled code, that often incorrectly thinks the type's range is empty,
and then complains the value is out of range.  It does give you the numeric
value anyway.

I have added lots of new stuff to the expression evaluation in the past few
years.  You can type unmangled, qualified names of variables and procedures,
execute procedure and method calls, etc.  Much of this is summarized in the
various checkin comments, which is, of course, not very handy as a way to
read up.  It has been on my list to write something up on this.

As for other platforms, I don't have any around, and I'm not aware of anybody
trying it.

Dragiša Durić wrote:
> I am probably missing it, and few of my last runs had some problems...
> So - what is current state of m3gdb on LINUXLIBC6? Working? Under
> fixing?
>
> TIA,
> dd

Rodney M. Bates, retired assistant professor
Dept. of Computer Science, Wichita State University
Wichita, KS 67260-0083
316-978-3922
rodney.bates at wichita.edu