[M3devel] strange code?

Jay jayk123 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 19 06:46:37 CET 2008

I'm comparing the output of the two backends, since I haven't figured out many gdb commands yet.
Well darn the code looks semantically the same around the crash so I'll have to dig differently.

Still, why does it bump the stack extra like this:
 subl $8, %esp    <== pushl %eax pushl %edx call _RTLinker__TraceModule addl $16, %esp    <== the other backend uses 8 here
 subl $12, %esp <== pushl $0 call *%eax addl $16, %esp <== the other uses 4

Is it trying to keep the stack 16-aligned?