[M3devel] nt386gnu threads?

Jay jayk123 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 28 12:29:31 CET 2008

Can anyone confirm my read that PM3's NT386GNU used user/vtalarm threads?
PM3 appears to have no PThread support ant its NT386GNU appears to have OS_TYPE=POSIX.
Heck, even its NT386 has OS_TYPE=POSIX, but its NT386 is probably dead/broken.

1) I'm too lazy to tediously rewrite Cygwin's pthread.h et. al. into Modula-3.
2) The thread library you pick is not an independent decision.
 The Modula-3 File I/O libraries interact with the threading library at least a little bit.

The path of less resistance seems to be user/vtalarm threads for now, until
such time as Cygwin Upthread.i3 is written.
(That is, neither pthreads nor win32 satisfied my laziness; I'm going to try user/vtalarm threads, see how it goes; I'm sure they aren't very good, but...)