[M3devel] nt386gnu is posix or win32?

Darko darko at darko.org
Thu Jan 10 02:24:42 CET 2008

On 09/01/2008, at 3:08 PM, Jay wrote:

> a) There don't seem to be many users of Modula-3 on Win32.
> b) Will such users accept/trust a non Microsoft toolchain?

I think there are as many users as any other CM3 platform. It's an
important platform, so it should be supported for that reason I think.
Being able to use the GCC back end is very useful. I'm not sure what
your exact criteria for 'seriousness' is though.

I'd like to see MinGW supported because of better performance and the
permissive licence. Implementation issues aside, I don't see the point
of loading up all the Cygwin junk onto Windows to make it look like
Posix.

Darko.