[M3devel] nt386gnu is posix or win32?

Mika Nystrom mika at async.caltech.edu
Thu Jan 10 02:31:25 CET 2008

In this vein, I can tell you I am a frequent user of Modula-3 on Windows.
I use PM3/Klagenfurt on a Win 2003 Server system, and occasionally on XP and
Win2k.

I use it this way because while I develop on Unix, I have users who insist on
using Windows for their servers.  What matters to me is that I can get an
environment that

   (a) runs decently fast on Windows
   (b) looks as much as possible like Unix (also from the user point of view)
   (c) requires minimal code changes

The combination of Cygwin and M3 takes care of this, more or less...  It's
also an easy download/install.

    Mika