[M3devel] my status on win32

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Sat Jan 19 20:48:10 CET 2008

Quoting Randy Coleburn <rcoleburn at scires.com>:
> 1.  pixmaps aren't rendered properly on the screen.  They look really
> bad.  I recall having this problem a while back with one of the early
> 5.x releases, so I guess it was never solved.  I've got some old test
> programs I try to dig out and see if I can find out what is going on.  I
> seem to recall that building standalone in the past seemed to fix the
> problem, so this is a real mystery.

Hi Randy,

I'm afraid I wasn't able to solve it directly some years ago and
then forgot about it due to more urgent tasks.

I think we should try to narrow down the location of the problem
(i.e. is it in the runtime, code generation, linker, or windows
libraries).

As you still have the 4.1 code of the Windows libraries, could you
first try to build them with the new compiler and see if it makes
a difference if you link against them?

It may also be worthwhile to compare the commands actually used
for linking (use -commands). That is, before we turn to the actual
generated code...

I still haven't got Windows access here, so I can just suggest what
to do...

Olaf