[M3devel] branching a file?

Jay jayk123 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 22 00:17:32 CET 2008

In Perforce, if you want to make a file that starts out as a copy of another, but then diverges, NOT in a different branch, but one that will coexist in a different file name or path, you can use "integrate" to create the file initially.

Does CVS have that? Or just copy and be done?

e.g.:

p4 integrate NT386GNU NT386_MINGWIN
or
p4 integrate NT386 NT386_MINGWIN

(The first is more accurate, these files are almost identical, and really I'd like to have less duplication here somehow, like by copying all of the config files to bin\config and having them include bits and pieces -- reasonable? It used to look something like that, right?)

(Integrate is also the command for merging branches. I little strange naming there all around.)