[M3devel] new problem on NT386

Jay jayk123 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 24 00:05:12 CET 2008

Catching up, just to clearly confirm:
  | and && have the same meaning in cmd as in sh.
  | is the pipe, the stdout of the left is the stdin of the right
  stderr probably is separate, and you should in general imho throw in "2>&1" to avoid hangs that can occur if stderr is used.
  && is kind of like && in C, boolean and, shortcircuiting.

I was unaware of this stuff in Quake.

cmd is actually documented online, can read those docs from any host, not just windows, the online docs appear similar to what you can find on a live system.

Randy, I ask again, can what you have be made available to anyone to assist with any problems?
It seems you have no outstanding problems, so currently moot.

Btw, Microsoft nmake handles cd specially as well.
Normally each nmake command is a separate process, but a few are "emulated", cd and set.
And cd can cross drives, but cd /d does not, which is the opposite of cmd, where cd /d is needed to cross drives, and cd does not..

Later.
 - Jay