[M3devel] SOLsun/libgcc/libsunmath/FloatMode/dynamic linking/..?

Jay jayk123 at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 15 14:20:12 CEST 2008

Ok, I'm able to build SOLsun now.I uploaded min and std archives.
 Juno and some other apps can display on Cygwin.
caveats:  I forgot to put in Unix.common. Just copy it in from the source tree.  I haven't yet been able to build cm3cg, so I used one from a daily SOLgnu   (and it depends on libiconv)
whatever Sun cc I have (5.8 2005/10/13), won't bootstrap gcc 4.3.1.
  It doesn't like for example #define FOO(a,b) blah
    FOO(,c)
 I'd rather not just download prebuilt binaries.I'll try (Canadian) crossing from Cygwin, else a more current Solaris.Cross is tricky. It is well documented you need to copy over /usr/include,but less clear to me about libs like values*.o, needed for building libgcc,which is needed at some point it seems, or at least there is an attempt
to use it..and then not clear to use /usr/local/<target>/lib, or -sysroot=/usr/local/<target>
and mimic structure from there (include vs. usr/include, lib vs. usr/lib and usr/ccs/lib)..I'll see...

A lot of the cross documentation and friendly wrappers assumes crossing from Linux to Linux.
 - Jay

From: jayk123 at hotmail.comTo: hosking at cs.purdue.eduCC: m3devel at elegosoft.comSubject: RE: [M3devel] SOLsun/libgcc/libsunmath/FloatMode/dynamic linking/..?Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 17:21:47 +0000