[M3devel] random-acces I/O

Dragiša Durić dragisha at m3w.org
Fri Mar 21 20:54:03 CET 2008

On Fri, 2008-03-21 at 12:53 +0100, Olaf Wagner wrote:
> > By the way, smarteiffel seems to be just as deficient.  It's as if
> > language designers never encounter database implementers.
>
> It's probably only needed for database implementation, and those
> are added as third-party-products ;-)

  Can, not must :)

  One of our development lines is OODBMS - m3/db2, working pretty well,
and older version runs few apps. Current version is cca 10,000 lines and
it's feature list is nice one :). Our plan is to finish it and publish
it, some of these days, months, ... :)

> There was a research paper on the design of the IO classes;
> I think it may be

  These are good standard high-level IO classess. Original poster has to
look at File.T, there is all he needs.

--
Dragiša Durić <dragisha at m3w.org>