[M3devel] FW: initializing with subarray(constant)

Jay jayk123 at hotmail.com
Sat May 3 10:20:45 CEST 2008

truncated again..

From: jayk123 at hotmail.comTo: m3devel at elegosoft.comSubject: initializing with subarray(constant)Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 08:11:35 +0000

Anyone understand this and know how to fix? Maybe the test passes with older/forked tools?I'll try it with 3.6 and maybe 4.1. It's very confusing that some of the "LV" and "LValue" functions take a parameter rhs : BOOLEAN.We end up withVariable.LoadLValue(p.obj) where p.obj is of type Constant.T The fix reveals understanding of the problem and makes the specific case work, but I think a better fix must exist. I think it'd be quite excellent for NARROW() failures to print the two types involved.Currently there isn't "room" for the data -- we call abort("narrow failed").I put in some RTIO calls in IsSubtype to get a better handle on what is happening.Maybe m3gdb shows types well?I'm too impatient to build it so I make do with cdb and gdb..  - Jay