[M3devel] FW: tests vs. long-ago language change?

Jay jayk123 at hotmail.com
Sat May 3 10:47:31 CEST 2008

From: jayk123 at hotmail.comTo: jayk123 at hotmail.comSubject: tests vs. language changes?Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 08:45:59 +0000

Looking at tests p205, p206, p130p205 -- initialization involving subarray(constant open array)p206 -- initialization involving open arrayp130 -- use of type "UNSIGNED"I am led to believe that the language used to have an UNSIGNED type,but it was dropped long ago. p130 can just be thrown out.?Constant array constructors without index types couldarguably be considered fixed size with indices 0..n-1, butthey are in fact considered open, and this should remain asis.p206 is at least partly invalid.
The language definition and, barely, tutorial point to this.
I didn't check the green book.
 p205 suggests the same as p206 perhaps, perhaps thecompiler has this in mind, since there's a bunch of casesfor "types" of arrays -- open, fixed -- and the test goesdown an open path.Subarray.PrepLV is what I'm referring to in particular.The right fix for p205 might be for the case of "constant open"arrays to be implemented more like fixed arrays.In particular, avoid the call to CompileAddress.In particular, end up in case 3 instead of, I think 7.?
I'll maybe look into Subarray.PrepLV later, after some other tests..