[M3devel] www.opencm3.net/m3tests

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Tue May 6 10:07:11 CEST 2008

Quoting Jay <jayk123 at hotmail.com>:

> The "problem" here, a really really small one, is just that the link
>  and mt commands got echoed.
> Olaf made them not echoed. I then made them conditionally echoed.
>   I made m3-sys\m3tests define M3TESTS so that NT386.common doesn't echo.
> It's not a big deal either way.
> Aha -- tests in other directories would have a problem, and I think
> there are some.
>
> I like more echoing usually, so the system explains what is going on,
> instead of the vaguer "linking foo" sort of message.
> Granted, nobody bothers watching gcc run assembler commands, so I
> guess it is just quite gray.

Jay, cm3 needs to behave the same on all platforms. By default
commands should _not_ be echoed to stdout or stderr; that's what the
-commands switch is for: this gives you exactly the commands the
compiler issues to invoke other tools.

For more verbose output, you may also depend on the -verbose or the
-debug switches.

Please adapt the configuration files that bey default all echoing
of commands is off.

Olaf