[M3devel] new NT386 snapshots

Jay jayk123 at hotmail.com
Thu May 8 20:46:16 CEST 2008

http://modula3.elegosoft.com/cm3/uploaded-archives/

http://modula3.elegosoft.com/cm3/uploaded-archives/cm3-std-WIN32-NT386-d5.7.0.zip
http://modula3.elegosoft.com/cm3/uploaded-archives/cm3-min-WIN32-NT386-d5.7.0.zip
http://modula3.elegosoft.com/cm3/uploaded-archives/cm3-std-WIN32-NT386-d5.7.0-symbols.zip

These should have:
  latest quake extensions
  set relation fixes
  other set fixes revealed through dynamic linking of one regression test
  hypothetical ability to cross-build to AMD64_LINUX, AMD64_DARWIN
  one jmpbuf size for all NT386 configurations (NT386, NT386GNU, NT386MINGNU)

Built with Visual C++ 9.0 Express, so you'll want:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9B2DA534-3E03-4391-8A4D-074B9F2BC1BF&displaylang=en

Still more work to do though, e.g. assertion failures in unit tests, pixmap..

Fuller disclosure:
Something is leaking memory on my system such that "everything" starts "failing" and I have to reboot.
This isn't Modula-3 related.
Hopefully these files aren't damaged as a result.
Must be some buggy driver or something..

Aside:
 The environment variable thingy has been bugging me a long time and I finally looked deeper at it.
It appears broken in CM3 4.x. I didn't check 3.x yet.
I'm still mulling a fix, and haven't run a repro of the break, but it's not a big deal either way.
Basically console apps use main that takes char** and gui apps use WinMain that doesn't get environment variables but the generated code calls GetEvironmentStrings() which returns null separated strings.
Must be that hardly anyone uses environment variables in Modula-3 on Win32 for this to have lingered so long, at least gui apps.